Portfolio Value Update - April 2017



Portfolio Value
As of April 30, 2017 my investment portfolio balance stood at $42,967.49. That’s an increase of $1,144.76 from last month. The main value increase came from fresh capital and dividends, the rest came from stocks appreciation. My current goal is to surpass $50,000 in portfolio value before the end of the year.





Dividends
Dividend income is a passive income for which I don’t have to work for. I simply invest in different corporations and collect dividends for owning the stock. In April, I received a total of $208.59 in dividends vs $160.10 for the same period a year ago. That's an increase of $48 or 30% on year-over-year basis.

Contributions
In April, I added $800 of fresh capital to my TFSA account. The maximum amount that I can contribute in 2017 is $5,500. Since I have contribution room from prior years, I will continue to add $800 per month until I reach my maximum contribution.

My Investment Account (TFSA)
My portfolio consists of 29 Canadian dividend paying stocks. Most of my stocks pay dividends on monthly basis. This allows me to collect dividends and reinvest them into dividend paying stocks more rapidly.

Transactions
In April, I decided to invest in Brookfield Property Partners (BPY.UN.TO). The company owns high quality real estate properties around the world. I initiated a new position and I plan to accumulate more shares in the future. I find the valuation of the stock attractive. It's currently trading at 20% discount to books and yielding about 5%, paid quarterly. I bought 33 shares for $31.14 per share.




How was your month? What was your dividend income? Feel free to comment below. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Very well done. Any increase is a fantastic result. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete