Portfolio Value Update - May 2016

Portfolio Value
By the end of May 31, 2016, my dividend portfolio balance was at $32,163.75. That’s an increase of $1,051 from the previous month. The main increase was mainly due to a monthly contribution on $800 and a monthly dividend payout. Stocks didn't do much in May, but I'm still happy with my portfolio performance because historically everything drops in May.



Dividends
Dividend income is a passive income for which I don’t have to work for. In May, I received a total of $158.32 in dividends vs $110.03 for the same period a year ago. That's an increase of $48 or 43% on year-over-year basis.

My total Year-to-Date dividend income for 2016 is $806.03. Based on my forecast, I should receive around $2,000 in dividends this year. It doesn't sound like a big amount but it’s growing every year. All dividends are reinvested into dividend paying stocks.

Contributions
In May, I added $800 of fresh capital to my TFSA account. The maximum amount that I can contribute in 2016 is $5,500. Since I have contribution room from prior years, I will continue to add $800 per month until I reach my maximum contribution.

My Investment Account (Tax Free Savings Account)
My portfolio consists of 26 Canadian dividend paying stocks. Most of my stocks pay dividends on monthly basis. This allows me to collect dividends and reinvest them into dividend paying stocks more rapidly.

Transactions
Sold 160 shares of Medical Facilities (DR.TO) for $17.17 per share
Bought 100 shares of Student Transportation (STB.TO) for $6.24 per share
Bought 155 shares of Northwest Healthcare (NWH.UN.TO) for $9.65 per share
Bought 165 shares of dream Global (DRG.UN.TO) for $9.10 per share

2 comments:

  1. Nice job growing that passive income stream via dividends. It's always nice to see your income grow without having to do additional "work" for it. Keep that portfolio growing.

    ReplyDelete