Dividend Portfolio Update - July 2014

Portfolio value
As of July 31, 2014 my dividend portfolio balance is at $17,500.21. The value is slightly down compared to the previous month due to the correction of some of my stocks. The Canadian market also had a slight correction in July, but nothing serious.

Dividends
For the month of July, I received a total of $93.29 in dividends vs $105.94 for the same month a year ago. My dividend income decreased by 11.9 % on year over year basis mainly due to dividend cut by Lightstream Resources . My total Year-to-Date dividend income for 2014 is
$613.83.

Dividend increases
Two companies announced their dividend increases

Baytex Energy (BTE.TO) increased their dividend by 9% from 22 cents per month to 24 cents per month.

Alaris Royalty (AD.TO) increased their dividend by 4% from 12 cents per month to 12.5 cents per month.

Transactions
There were no transactions made for the month of July, however, I plan to make a new contribution into my TFSA account in August, so there will be some purchases made.

Milestones
No milestones, but my portfolio almost reached $18,000 in mid July.

No comments:

Post a Comment